Saturday, December 14, 2013

Barry Clifford: The Wisdom Of Children

                                                      

I asked a 7 years old girl what are parents for.  She replied: “To take care of children.” Then I asked her what are children supposed to do for their parents, she replied just as evenly: “To have fun.” This had me thinking what other nuggets of wisdom do children have and here are just a few I found.

Never trust a dog to watch your food.  Patrick age 10

When Dad is mad and asks, “Do I look stupid,” don’t answer, Michael 10

If you want a kitten, ask for a horse. Naomi 15

The best nugget of wisdom I thought was found in the quest to find a caring child. There was a 4 year old child whose neighbor was a man that had recently lost his beloved wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy crossed over to his yard, climbed unto his lap and just sat there for a long time with him. When his mother asked what he had said to the man, the little boy replied, “Nothing, I just helped him cry.”


Barry Clifford

No comments:

Post a Comment