Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Barry Clifford: Meet Socrates



Well, Happy New Year to you too. In case you haven't heard, my name is Socrates. I shall be helping Barry now and again with his 'blog' nonsense, because, as you may have figured it out already, he is a bit thick. Lack of imagination I would say and a lot more, and I did not get my name for nothing; I bloody well earned it.  Yes, I know he was trying to sell me on DoneDeal but I am not that easy to get rid of. I also know a few things about him that no one else does; so he had better watch his step and his mouth.

It's a long story as to how we met. You could say we met in my captivity and became bonded by a shared past. I was born into that captivity in a Florida Zoo. It has it’s advantages because I am lazy by nature and I have my own harem here, and I bet that’s a lot more than you got. They say what you never had you will not miss. I suppose that makes sense to somebody but I am not sure does it make sense to me. No mortgage to pay either here and the food is free. Mind you, a few monkeys in suits throw me extra bananas now and then and even pay to see me. Me! I can’t even sing or dance or tell a good joke but I can look mean. Well, at least I am good at something. 

I can't say it was love at first sight when I met Barry, because we are both heterosexuals, but we get along in a close platonic sense you understand. You do understand? From here on in you will be hearing a lot more from me and I hope to hear from you too. I also know that I am the only Gorilla that knows that I know nothing. It's an open secret, so what do you know that I don't?

Socrates (every cloud has a silver backed lining)


No comments:

Post a Comment