Monday, January 20, 2014

Photos: Silver Hoard Worth Over 10 Million Sterling

Silver and gold coins found in Jersey, one of the Channel Islands in 2012. The hoard itself was anywhere from 30,000 to 50,000 coins and was so heavy that a crane had to be brought in to lift  them from their burial place.

Reg Mead, 70,  and Richard Miles, 45, both metal detector enthusiasts, had worked the area for over 30 years and eventually and literally struck gold. They date from 50BC, when the army of Julius Caesar were on the march and it is believed that they were hidden from their invading forces. The value of these coins today is around £10 million pound sterling. 

I can only say I wish it was me that had found them.
Barry






All I can say I wish it was me that had found them.

No comments:

Post a Comment