Thursday, March 20, 2014

Some Thoughts Of Brendan Behan 1923-1964

“Critics are like eunuchs in a harem; they know how it's done, they've seen it done every day, but they're unable to do it themselves.”

“When I came back to Dublin I was court-martialled in my absence, and sentenced to death in my absence, so I said they could shoot me in my absence.”

“What the hell difference does it make, left or right? There were good men lost on both sides.”

“I have a total irreverence for anything connected with society except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer.”

“The big difference between sex for money and sex for free is that sex for money usually costs a lot less.”


“Shakespeare said pretty well everything about life and what he left out, James Joyce, put in.”

No comments:

Post a Comment