Sunday, June 8, 2014

Rocky Quotes; from the movie Rocky


Mickey: You're a bum, Rock. You're a bum.

Rocky: I ain't no bum, Mick. I ain't no bum.

Mickey: You're gonna eat lightnin' and you're gonna crap thunder!

Mickey: Your nose is broken.
Rocky: How does it look?
Mickey: Ah, it's an improvement.

Rocky: I can't do it.
Adrian: What?
Rocky: I can't beat him.
Adrian: Apollo?
Rocky: Yeah. I been out there walkin' around, thinkin'. I mean, who am I kiddin'? I ain't even in the guy's league.
Adrian: What are we gonna do?
Rocky: I don't know.
Adrian: You worked so hard.
Rocky: Yeah, that don't matter. 'Cause I was nobody before.
Adrian: Don't say that.
Rocky: Ah come on, Adrian, it's true. I was nobody. But that don't matter either, you know? 'Cause I was thinkin', it really don't matter if I lose this fight. It really don't matter if this guy opens my head, either. 'Cause all I wanna do is go the distance. Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood.

Mickey: Women weaken legs!

Reporter: Where did you get the name, "The Italian Stallion"?
Rocky: Oh I made that up one night while I was eating dinner.


Bodyguard: Did ya get the license number?
Rocky: Of what?
Bodyguard: The truck that run over your face.

Rocky: I been comin' here for six years, and for six years ya been stickin' it to me, an' I wanna know how come!
Mickey: Ya don't wanna know!
Rocky: I wanna know how come!
Mickey: Ya wanna know?
Rocky: I WANNA KNOW HOW!
Mickey: OK, I'm gonna tell ya! You had the talent to become a good fighter, but instead of that, you become a legbreaker to some cheap, second rate loanshark!
Rocky: It's a living.
Mickey: IT'S A WASTE OF LIFE!

Rocky: Hey... you know how I said that stuff on TV didn't bother me none?
Adrian: Yeah?
Rocky: It did.

Apollo Creed: This is who I'm looking for. The Italian Stallion.
Jergens: Rocky Balboa? Never heard of him.
Apollo Creed: Look it's the name man. The I-talian Stallion. The media will eat it up. Now who discovered America? An Italian right? What better way to get it on than with one of its descendants?
Apollo's Trainer: He's a southpaw. I don't want you messing with southpaws. They do everything backwards
Apollo Creed: Southpaw nothing. I'll drop him in three. Apollo Creed meets the Italian Stallion. Now that sounds like a damn monster movie.

[Rocky and Gazzo step out of the car for a talk]
Gazzo: [upset] How come you didn't break this guy's thumb like I told you?
Rocky: Well, how did you know I didn't...
Gazzo: You don't think I hear things? Did I give you a job this morning or didn't I, huh?
Rocky: Yeah.
Gazzo: So why didn't you break his thumb like I told you? When you don't do what I tell you to do, you make me look bad, Rock.
Rocky: [trying to come up with an excuse] I figured... look, I figured if I break the guy's thumb, he gets laid off, right? Then he can't make...
Gazzo: [cuts Rocky off] Yeah, well don't figure! Let me do the figurin', okay, Rock? From here on in, just let me do the figuring, you know? These guys think we're running some kind of charity or something. That they can get off light. From here on in, do what I tell you to do, because it's bad for my reputation! You understand? You got...
[shoves Rocky]
Gazzo: You got it, Rock?
Rocky: [beat] I got it.
Gazzo: Good. Now, tomorrow you collect 400 from Del Rio. And if I tell you to break a guy's nose or thumb as a "late payment notice", you do it!
Rocky: [to Gazzo as he walks back towards the car] Hey, how do you spell "Del Rio"?
Gazzo: [angrly] Look it up in a dictionary, Rock!
Rocky: What's a dictionary? Hey, come on! I won't let it happen no more about the thumb. You know?

Mickey: Get out of here! Don't ya ever interrupt me while I'm conductin' business. Move your little chicken asses out.

No comments:

Post a Comment