Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Genghis Khan Speaks



“Conquering the world on horseback is easy; it is dismounting and governing that is hard.”

“I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.”  

“an action committed in anger is an action doomed to failure.”

“Who can’t stop drinking may get drunken three times a month. If he does it more often, he is guilty. To get drunken twice a month is better; once, still more praiseworthy. But not to drink at all - what could be better than this? But where could such a being be found? But if one would find it, it would be worthy of all honour.” 

“At military exercises I am always in front, and in time of battle I am never behind. In the space of seven years I have succeeded in accomplishing a great work, and uniting the whole world in one empire.” 

“ When it was wet we bore the wet together, when it was cold we bore the cold together.”

“It is not sufficient that I succeed; all others must fail.”


Genghis Khan (1162-1227)

No comments:

Post a Comment