Monday, October 26, 2015

The Angelus

(Cork accent needed below)



“Ah, Jasus Mahé, Hows the craic?”
“ Ah, sure, you know yourself now Peader.”

Peader looks at the Guinness settling down and rumples the newspaper again. “Jasus Mahé, will ya look at that now. Those were the days I bet. Our president back then made that speech in 1943. Ah, Christ, we have come a long way on the wrong way since then. I mean come on….look at those great words: ‘ ….a land whose countryside would be bright with cosy homesteads, whose fields and villages would be joyous with the sounds of industry, with the romping of sturdy children, the contest of athletic youths and the laughter of happy maidens, whose firesides would be forums for the wisdom of serene old age.’ Ya can't find that now, anywhere, at all at all.”
“Nowhere. Its bad alright."

“I mean just this this week a travelling  fellow took his pants down in court and stuck his arse in the judge’s face. I mean come on…”
“Its bad alright” 
“Then he started playing with himself. I mean come on like..”
“Jaysus, Its bad alright.”

“and if that wasn't bad enough another gobshite was convicted of having sex with a fecking horse. I mean Mahé, come on.”
“Ah, Jasus,its bad alright.”
“and another wanker tore off all his clothes on an Aer Lingus flight because he wanted to have sex with the air hostess. 
Ah, Peader, we are all fecked I think.
“I mean Mahé, come on.”


“ …and now they are trying to ged rid of the Angelus.”
“its bad alright Peader, in fact its bloody awful. Just terrible"

Barry




No comments:

Post a Comment