Sunday, July 23, 2017

To teach how to learn rather than what to learn.....



The teachers would slap me about the head. But that was all part and parcel of school at the time. I was hauled before the headmaster, who said that there was something wrong with me. My teacher twisted my ear till it broke and said, “You are only fit to grease your fathers biscuits tins,” because I didn’t understand arithmetic.
Anthony Hopkins ( Actor)

One had to cram all this stuff into one’s mind whether one liked it or not. This coercion had such a deterring effect that, after I had passed the final examination, I found the consideration of any scientific problems distasteful to me for an entire year.
Albert Einstein (Genius)


The problem with school is that the teachers always asked me about things that I did not know but never about the things that I did.
Winston Churchill ( leader)

I had never let schooling interfere with my education
Mark Twain (Wit)


Our teachers were absolute tyrants. They had no sympathy with youth; their one object was to stuff our brains and turn us into erudite apes like themselves. If any pupil showed the slightest trace of originality, they persecuted him relentlessly, and the only model pupils whom I have ever got to know have all been failures in later-life.
Adolf Hitler (Tyrant)

Barry

No comments:

Post a Comment