Saturday, August 12, 2017

On matters of hate



“I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.
James Baldwin

“Animals don't hate, and we're supposed to be better than them.” 
Elvis Presley

“In time we hate that which we often fear.”
William Shakespeare

“I hate you, God. I hate you as though you actually exist.”
Graham Greene


“People hate as they love, unreasonably.”
William Makepeace Thackery










“Those who hate rain hate life.”
Dejan Stojanovic

“September 11… I will never forget feeling scared and vulnerable… I will never forget feeling the deep sad loss of so many lives… I will never forget the smell of the smoke that reached across the water and delivered a deep feeling of doom into my gut… I will never forget feeling the boosted sense of unity and pride… I will never forget seeing the courageous actions of so many men and women… I will never forget seeing people of all backgrounds working together in community… I will never forget seeing what hate can destroy… I will never forget seeing what love can heal…”
Steve Maraboli


“See what's inside a drop of water. The whole seed of the universe. Come, come. See what's inside a drop of blood. The composition of life. It's all there. Hate as well. We approach the mystery of life, but it's impossible to understand the mystery of hate. The kind of hate that causes people not only to kill, but to want to erase you from the census of births. I have to concentrate on that mystery. Read everything there is. It has to be in a drop of blood. It has to have its chemistry.” 

Manual Rivas


“This is what you know about someone you have to hate: he charges you with his crime and castigates himself through you.”
Philip Roth



“We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love.”
David Mitchell
Sourced

No comments:

Post a Comment