Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Never give in and never believe your critics

For those who disagree, read the following comments received by historical figures:
"He is too stupid to learn anything" -- a teacher on Thomas Edison.
"You ain't going nowhere son. Go back to driving a truck" -- a promoter on Elvis Presley.
"We don't like their sound, and their music is on the way out" -- a record producer on the Beatles.



Commenting on themselves:
"I was considered by all my masters and my father, a very ordinary boy, rather below the common standard of intellect, and for being lazy and dreamy" -- Charles Darwin.
"Every strike brings me closer to the next home run" -- Babe Ruth, in a response when asked about holding the record on strikeouts for almost two decades (1,330 in total).
"I have missed over 9,000 shots in my career. I have lost almost 300 games. Twenty-six times I was trusted to take the winning shot and I missed. I have failed over and over in my life and that is why I succeed" -- Michael Jordan.

For those that never ever ever gave in:
His early businesses failed and left him broke five times -- that man was Henry Ford.
He struggled in school and failed the sixth grade, and was defeated in every election for public office until he became, at last, the prime minister at the age of 62 -- that man was Winston Churchill.
Almost penniless, severely depressed, divorced and a single mother on welfare, she was, five years later, one of the richest women in the world -- this woman is JK Rowling, author of the 'Harry Potter' books.
So, don't you give in either and believe in yourself first.

No comments:

Post a Comment