Monday, January 9, 2017

People they knew



“He was my brother; not by blood but by choice.”

Frank Sinatra talking about Dean Martin


“Richard and I had an incredible chemistry together. We couldn’t get enough of each other.” Elizabeth Taylor about Richard Burton


“Nothing affected me until Elvis.”
John Lennon on learning about Elvis

“Meeting Franklin Roosevelt was like opening your first bottle of champagne; knowing him was like drinking it.”
Winston Churchill on meeting Roosevelt

“ If the vault was on fire and I could grab only one set of master tapes, I would grab the Beatles.”
Stephen Jobs on the Beatles

“He was the best ballad singer I ever heard in my life.”
Bob Dylan on the Liam Clancy of the Clancy Brothers. 

“Irish signatures are on our founding documents. Irish blood was spilled on our battlefields. Irish sweat built our great cities. Our spirit is eternally refreshed by Irish story and Irish song; our public life by the humour and heart and dedication of servants with names like Kennedy and Regan, O’Neill and Moynihan. So you could say there’s always been a little green behind the red, white and blue on the American flag.”
President Barack O’ Bama on the Irish.


No comments:

Post a Comment